Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Last stops

I continue to be intrigued about traveling across America, altho I am clear that it would take a miracle for that to happen as one trip. I've lived in so many places--in chronological order: Streator IL, St. Louis MO, Streator again, St, Louis again, Streator again, Oxnard CA, Midway Island HI, St. Louis again, Cincinnati OH, St. Petersburg FL, Plano TX, Burlington WA, Streator again, Mesa AZ, Payson AZ, Mesa again, Wake Forest NC, Chapel Hill NC, Wilmington DE, Dallas TX, New Market MD and Mt. Vernon WA! Every place I lived I explored the surrounding area and saw so many cool places. I'd like to revisit them as well as hit some of my favorite vacation spots (northern CA) and places I've never seen (national parks).

“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.”
~Marcel Proust

I believe this stage of life has given me new eyes (as well as bifocals!)

No comments:

Post a Comment