Thursday, February 2, 2012

Birth date challenge

Would love to get some comment traffic going on this blog!

I'm re-reading Angeles Arrien's book, "The Second Half of Life". In it she recalls that there is an ancient European custom still practiced in some parts of the Spanish Pyrenees mountains that encourages people to celebrate their birth date each month for a year by doing something that they've never done before to celebrate the process of re-birth.

Since my birthday is May 2, today would be a birth date for me. I've been wracking my brain trying to think of what I'd like to do new today when it hit me that I did something this morning that was new--I said no to a work request. Yep, my first. Drew a line and said, "thanks for the invitation, but I don't think that's a good use of my time." Short-timer?

What will you do on your birth date this month that is new?

No comments:

Post a Comment