Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Life as I know it

Dream: I would wake up the first day of retirement full of physical and creative energy, bounce out of bed and walk for 30 minutes, organize some files, have two great client calls and do whatever people do in their free time. I'd fix a gourmet dinner for Shel and I and eat on the deck enjoying a stimulating conversation.

Reality: I woke up dizzy from a sinus infection, didn't walk, got sucked into the new computer, got a virus notification an hour into trying to figure out the new system, which Shel then had to undo. Had two difficult client calls and questioned why I didn't just take the summer off. Resented not having free time and a million other things I chose to grouse about. Made bruschetta for dinner, which I ate alone while Shel wrestled with a project he needed to get done. Went to bed early.

Moral of the story: today is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment