Sunday, July 15, 2012

I get it

It used to drive me nuts when retired people would say to me, "I don't know how I got anything done when I was working. I am so busy now!" I swore I would never say that. I pictured an elderly friend of mine from my small hometown who used to plan a whole day around paying the utility bill as he would write the check and walk it down to the utility company and chat with the clerks.

Two weeks into this retirement thing and I get it! I am busier in a different kind of way because:
  • the pace is "slower" (aka normal)
  • there are no deadlines except those I impose, so projects can evolve and take interesting turns
  • my focus has broadened so I see more things that need to get done and more possibilities for creative projects
Yep, I am "busier" now with things that mean something to me! I think I like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment