Friday, June 29, 2012

Last day at EY

It's been a very long time since I posted on this blog--mostly because I have been developing my new website/blog: www.coach-craft.com. I've also been wrapping things up at EY. I transferred files I wanted to keep to a flashdrive. What a trip down memory lane. As I scanned each doc deciding what was worth keeping, it was like looking at old photos and recalling the past. Lots of hard work and, for the most part, good stuff. That reflection precipitated a real low until my youngest son (bless his heart) reminded me that my capacity to generate good work won't stop with EY. It belongs to me and is portable! Can't believe that was new insight.

I really let go of the pace, the work, the deadlines, etc over the month of May, which was a good gradual transition. On June 8th I delivered my "last lecture" to a group of Lead DCs and coaches. I will post it separately. On June 13th I had the party of all parties in Chicago. I could not even have fantasized such an event. It was perfect. Everyone celebrated. It will always remain a special life memory. Yesterday, I did a quick good-bye on a DC Network call and my voice broke just saying the word "good-bye". People have been so incredibly sensitive to how hard this transition is for me and have given me so many chances for closure.

So, today is it. I. fortunately, have my youngest son, his wife and two kids ages 7 and 2 here with all their big energy. They will carry me like a huge wave over the finish line. I'm sad, happy, tired, excited, scared and grateful all wrapped into one. I thought I would end this blog today, but today is just an event on the transition continuum. I will continue to blog about what surprises and delights me in the transition hoping that readers will benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment